Want to have some fun at the cottage while you work out? It’s always difficult to motivate yourself to get out of relaxation mode while you are hanging out on the dock but a little creativity in the design of your workout can go a long way. If you are the type of person that likes to stay fit while on vacation at the cottage, try this workout.
There are a lot of ways to stay fit while you are at your cottage. Water sports like canoeing, paddle boarding, and kayaking have many benefits outside of enjoying the beautiful scenery of the wilderness. The can help you strengthen your core and increase your heart rate. Also, activities like chopping wood can drastically help to increase power. If you have a bike handy, you can attempt to complete your own mini ‘cottage triathlon’. Start with a bike ride then move to the run and always finish with the swim so you can cool off.
Here is a sample of the type of training that you can do at the cottage that includes a lot of fun outdoor activities.
The Cottage Workout
Either complete a 15 minute jog through the forest, 20 minutes of stand up paddle boarding, canoeing or kayaking, or 15 minute swim.
– Chop Wood for 20 minutes
– Rock Tosses (Use a rock that weighs between 20-40 lbs and complete 3 sets of 10 reps)
– Granny Toss – Rock Slams – Lateral Throws
Beach Sprints and Quick Feet
– Lateral Statics – 3 sets of 10 meters in each direction (Mark off a 10 meter track in the sand then shuffle laterally across the sand on the balls of your feet only slightly lifting your feet off the sand and tapping your feet as fast as possible)
– Forward Statics – 3 sets of 10 reps
– Backward Statics – 3 sets of 10 reps
Jump in a lake