The lights, the strip, the casinos, the exciting vibe, and the general grandeur of Las Vegas have be luring people to this city for years. Although, once thought of as strictly a gambling and party city has now become a place for not only casino and bar hopping, but also for an entertaining family vacation. The city is now designed to keep visitors busy even if they don’t gamble much – or at all.
If gambling is your thing, and you’ve come to Las Vegas for that purpose, your trip will not be complete without visiting at least one of these top casinos:
- Extreme luxury, class and general over-indulgence not only describe its games floor, but also its hotel rooms and suites. This casino icon is worth visiting.
Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino
- Built to resemble a beach resort (even having its own shark reef) Mandalay Bay is fit for high roller gamblers. It is also equipped with many 5 and 25 cent slots. Don’t be surprised if you run into a celebrity enjoying their stay at Mandalay Bay.
- This lavish hotel will transport you back to an age of Roman dominance. Roman columns and spacious ceilings greet any type of gambler.
The Luxor Hotel & Casino
- The Luxor is built like an Egyptian king’s palace, in the shape of a pyramid. It is a luxurious place with decadent cuisine, but its main attraction is the casino. Come here for all the traditional games.
Aside from gambling, Las Vegas offers shopping, shows, and many attractions for kids. Here are some examples of each so you keep busy on your Vegas vacation:
Attractions for Kids:
Here are some activities that will keep your children entertained and excited.
- Theme park.
- Indoor theme park.
The Aquarium at the Silverton
- CSI: The Experience
- Your chance to crack crimes like seen on the TV show, CSI.
Ethel M Chocolate Factory Tour and Cactus Garden
- Tour this chocolate factory and stroll through the cactus garden.
Floyd Lamb State Park
- Take a walk around 2,040 acres of stocked ponds, picnic areas, scenic paths, and volleyball and horseshoe facilities.
Lied Discovery Children’s Museum
- With more than 100 hands-on exhibits, this is one of the country’s largest children’s museums.
Among countless shows in Vegas, here are some that are sure to amaze you:
- ‘O’ by Cirque du Soleil
- Jersey Boys
- Phantom- The Vegas Spectacular
- Blue Man Group
- ‘KA’ by Cirque du Soleil
- ‘Love’ by Cirque du Soleil
- The Lion King
- Le Reve
- Donne & Marie
Whether you’re shopping on the strip at the many malls, boutiques, and squares, or off the strip at outlets malls, there are no shortages of shops available to visitors.
With this many things going on in Vegas, it’s no wonder the city bills itself as ‘The Entertainment Capital of the World’. Whether you gamble or not, you’ll feel lucky to have visited such a vibrant location like Vegas.