Last Minute Vacations From Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ)
One of Ontario’s most important and busiest airports, Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) is also known as Lester B. Pearson International Airport, or simply Toronto Pearson.
The airport is located in the City of Mississauga and is 22.5km northwest of downtown Toronto.
In 2006, the airport was named the best global airport by the Institute of Transport Management. Toronto Pearson has two operating terminals. In its 58 gates, Terminal 1 handles domestic, international and transborder flights. Terminal 3, with 39 gates, was built in ’91 to offset traffic from old Terminal 1 and 2. Terminal 3 was also built to house a US customs pre-clearance facility.
Considering Toronto and the Greater Toronto Area is the largest metropolitan area in Canada (approximately 25% of Canada’s population), Toronto Pearson International Airport is easy to reach from a range of different directions. This airport is close to many busy roads, including the Macdonald-Cartier Freeway (Hwy 401), and is to the east of Brampton and to the north of Mississauga.
Coming From Downtown Toronto:
- Public Transit: The ‘Airport Rocket’ provides all-day, regular accessible express bus service between Kipling Station on the Bloor-Danforth Subway and Pearson International Airport. Travel time between Union Station and the Toronto Airport would be about 45 minutes and would cost the value of a TTC ticket ($3 CAN).
- Driving: Highways 409 and 427 provide direct access to the Toronto Airport. The easiest way from downtown is as
- Gardiner Expressway West to Hwy 427 North (toward
- Take the Dixon Road exit. Follow airport signs
Coming From Mississauga/Brampton:
- Public Transit: GO Transit has buses running from Brampton to Pearson International. Mississauga Transit leaves from Square One Shopping Centre and Westwood Mall with trips to Pearson International.
- Driving: Take Queen Elizabeth Way via the ramp to Toronto. Merge onto 427N toward 401/Pearson. Take Dixon Road exit. Follow airport signs.
Coming From Barrie:
- Public Transit: See ‘Useful Links’ below.
- Driving: From Barrie, Pearson International is 86km and approximately 1 hour 4 minutes. Take Hwy 400 South to Hwy 401 West. Continue onto Hwy 409 West and follow signs for the airport.
Stopover Hotels & Places to Stay
Airport Limousine and Taxi Service: