Its Friday folks! That means its time to burn off some calories before the weekend starts. If you haven’t planned anything yet, check out our last minute deals section of the website for some great 3-4 day packages to tropical locations.
Want to get one last sweat in before taking a break for the weekend? Try this circuit to get your blood flowing. The goal is to get your heart rate to 80-85% of your max output and maintain it for the duration of the circuit.
The main portion of the workout will be a circuit that consists of a 1:1 work to rest ratio. You will complete each exercise three times before moving on to the next, without taking a break other that during the prescribed 1:1 work to rest ratio. The workout will consist of ten different exercises that will focus on your fast-twitch muscles. The work period is short and intense. You should try to maintain your speed/quickness throughout the entire work period.
The beauty about this workout is that you can complete it anywhere. Even if you are traveling or on vacation and want to get the heart rate going, this can get the job done in a hurry.
Light jogging and foam rolling
Glute Activation (2 sets of 10 reps each):
– Glute/ham raises
– Single leg glute/ham raises
– Single leg glute/ham bridge and hold with leg raises
Core (3 Sets of 10 reps each):
– Plank Supermans – In the plank position (on your hands), lift your opposite arm and opposite leg then alternate sides. The goal is to keep your hips square to the ground and not allow your body to twist.
– Plank Forearms to Hands – Start in the forearm plank position then push yourself up with your arms into the hand plank position
Complete 1 complete rep of this circuit. If you feel up to it, take a 3 minute rest after the first set then complete another complete repetition of the circuit.
Work 15 seconds : Rest 15 seconds
3 Reps each, then flow into the next exercise without additional rest
- Jump squats
- Plyometric pushups
- Skater jumps
- 5 dots – Forward to Backward
- Jump lunges
- Three-step crossovers
- Lateral plyometric pushups
- Two-legged lateral hops
- 5 dots – single leg
Bike 5 minutes or light jog
As always, if you have any questions or comments please contact me via email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Have a great weekend!